Friday 18 October 2013

A Barossa Story



Marieka and I have been friends since we met at Breastfeeding Group in late 2007. We had both just moved our families to the town of Tumut. We both had infants and preschoolers. Both of our husbands were engineers on a bridge project in Gundagai

Then both of our husbands took jobs elsewhere at the start of 2009. Marieka's family moved to the gorgeous Barossa Valley in South Australia. My toddler daughter and I went for a week long visit in early 2010. 

Then Marieka's family moved to Coffs Harbour in 2011. But the love of the Barossa stayed with them. They have just moved back to the Barossa permanently. They are restoring an old bluestone cottage on acreage and planning on raising fruit trees, grape vines and chickens. 

I cannot wait to visit them again.

Marieka loves the colour purple and Kate Spain. So her pouch was easy for me to put together.

So the Free Motion Quilting on the back of this pouch was my most ambitious yet. But I had such fun. You can see the grapes of the Barossa, the waves of Coffs Harbour and the sweep of the Tumut River between the Snowy Mountains. 



And who can resist purple polkadots?

Linking up to TGIFF and I Quilt.



6 comments:

  1. Wow Fiona!!! Spectacular quilting and so thoughtful too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift! Beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pouch - love the quilted details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness that quilting is fantastic ... love the little grapes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and just love that FMQ! Tops it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fmq is fantastic Fiona! Well done you!!!! Thanks for linking up xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.