Sunday 30 September 2012

Zakka September Round Up


You may remember on 'to do first' this month I declared it to be Zakka September owing to all the projects that I needed to finish for the Zakka Style Sew Along. I completed 5 out of the 7 that I planned to do. You can find my review of the SAL here.

1. Zakka Style Pleated Coin Purse - 10/9
2. ZS Little Pocket Pillow Case - 22/9
3. ZS Nesting Boxes - 22/9
4. ZS Happy Garland Messenger Board - 6/9
5. ZS Patchwork Ribbon - 16/9

6. QCA Bee - Lone Star block - 16/9
7. 'Say Cheese' Polaroid block swap - 9/9
8. Wombat Stew - Shoji Screen Block - 11/9
9. Katie Jump Kites - quilt back - 15/9
Things that went by the wayside this month...

ZS Sweet Memories Photo Frame - I am keen to make this project but I am not sure how I will go about either constructing the frame or buying one pre-made from IKEA.

ZS Water Bottle Holder - I would not have much use for this item and so I will probably not make it at all.

Craftsy BOM for June, August and September - I am not sure if I will ever have the motivation to do these blocks in October either. I have really lost interest in this BoM.

Sherbert Dreams Quilt - arrrrrgh! I am dying to start this but I have ONE UFO quilt top to make a back for and then TWO quilts to baste and quilt. And I vow not to start another top until I finish ONE of these TWO - Katie Jump Kites OR Mystery Quilt (to give as a Xmas gift).
So what shall I do? See you for tomorrow's 'To Do First' post for October.

I am linking up with....

September Finishes

4 comments:

  1. You did well to get all this done - and fit in a holiday as well!

    Hope that you can get one of those UFO's tacked so you can start on your Sherbert Dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Zakka finishes and your polaroid blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all but especially the KJR quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sweet Meories Frame didn't take as long as I thought - I used thick card for mine and it turned out ok.
    You have some lovely makes for September.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.