Saturday 1 September 2012

'To Do First' September

I think September is one of my favourite months of the year. It's the beginning of spring and I feel re-energised. Hopefully this will translate to to the Zakka Style Sew Along. I have been part of it from the beginning but began to fade after the water bottle project in Week 14, back in July.

So after I wrote up my 'to do' list, I may just rename the whole month 'Zakka Style September'. These are the 7 projects that I have yet to do:

#14 Water Bottle Holder
#16 Patchwork Ribbon
#20 Little Pocket Pillow Case
#21 Sweet Memories Photo Frame
#22 Pleated Coin Purse
#23 Happy Garland Message Board
#24 Nesting Boxes

Quilts

I still have to come up with a creative quilt back for my Katie Jump Kites top. I want to go beyond stacked coins from scraps. There is a new FREE Quilt Backs course by Elizabeth Hartman on Craftsy that I have signed up for. Hopefully that will give me inspiration. If not, I am seriously thinking of throwing it open to you readers to decide on a design.
image from Kate Conklin Quilts

I would like to finally start on the Sherbert Dreams quilt now that I bought the pdf pattern from Kate Conklin Designs.

Blocks

I have joined a new paper piecing group with some of the ladies from Quilt Club Australia. we were going to call it 'Dingo Pie' with a bit of a cheeky nod to the talented ladies in the 'Ringo Pie' group on Flickr. However, we've decided to go for another Aussie title of 'Wombat Stew'. This first month Alyce has chosen the theme of sushi and we each have to design and complete an 8"x8" block to post off to her in Japan. You can find our new 'Wombat Stew' group on Flickr and follow along.

I am also joining up with Alyce's Blossom Heart Quilts' A Very Merry HST BoF. I may need to pull fabrics from my stash for this.
A Very Merry HST BOF

QCA Bee #1 for September is for Jodie and she is thinking of doing a Stripey Lone Star block in red, white and blue. Remember that Jodie was the recipient of the Fourth of July table runner that I made back in May. I would love to do more R,W & B projects.

At the lower end of my priorities will be the June blocks from the Craftsy BoM, and then catch up on August as well.

Swaps

I think my swapping days are coming to a close now. I have only one Travelling Stash left to go. I have not signed up for any more fabric swaps but should receive some novelty charms and vintage sheet FQs  back in the mail at some stage.

So I must hit Zakka Style September running!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your Zakka projects. I fell off that bandwagon a while ago but am thinking about jumping back on. Hopefully seeing your projects will inspire me to do just that!Must check out that quilt backs course on Craftsy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've got yourself well organised there! Hope to see those Zakka projects in the upcoming weeks =D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.