Saturday 28 July 2012

Finding Farrah

Some of the ladies in my online quilt group Quilt Club Australia were inspired to start some Australian Travelling Stashes earlier this year. Basically a travelling stash originates with someone who puts some craft supplies together, it travels around the country courtesy of our expensive Australia Post system and folks take out what they want and replace 'like for like' until it returns like a boomerang to the originator (hopefully with not the same items returning).
'Farrah - the Fat Quarter Stash' was the brainchild of Bronwyn of Stop that Owl. She weighs just under 3Kg and is pregnant with about 40 fat quarters of all descriptions. 
Farrah arrived  at my Post Office, from Kelly of Made By Kelly... , yesterday afternoon. I was pretty impressed that she could fit into a 3Kg satchel to be honest. Kelly was wise enough to put her into a giant snap-lock bag first. It did not take me long to make up my mind about what to take out. Actually 2 of my choices were ones that Kelly had just put in!

I already had 5 replacement FQs ready to slip back in. A couple of refolding of some and she was back ready to be posted again. 
The next lady on the list is going to be thrilled when she sees some of the prints inside.




3 comments:

  1. What a lot of FQs to choose from! Hard to believe so many can fit into a 3kg satchel! Looks like you found some nice ones to add to your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that she arrived safely! I had to do lots of refolding too - thanks Australia Post! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these stashes they are so much fun... still got my eye on one or two so heres hoping.
    You have some lovely ones Fiona.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.