Wednesday 30 May 2012

Wet Wednesday WiPs

The past few days we have had heavy showers followed by bright sunshine. It makes consistent laundry drying impossible but makes great sewing weather.


Stem Messenger Bag
I am up to the second last section of the bag assemblage however I do not have the necessary hardware to complete the straps. I have put in an order from the Etsy store called sewingsupplies, however I am not sure how long it will take to arrive. But then The Patchsmith came up with a clever idea of going to an op-shop and buying an old bag to re-purpose it's tri-bar slider combination. So I may get a chance to do that in the next day or so.


Fussy Fairytales
I tried so hard to get this project finished by LAST Friday but even after 5 hours of hand sewing the binding I had only reached halfway. Hopefully I can finish by this Friday.


Katy Jump Kites
Today I was able to complete the further 19 blocks and now I have the layout of the quilt on my design wall. I had to tweak a few blocks just to spread out the pattern of the fabrics, but it did come together quite smoothly.



This week's stats:
Completed projects - 0
  
Currently in progress   - 'HR Far Far Away 2&3 Fussy Fairytales'  binding half sewn on.
                                               - Katie Jump Kites - 56 blocks sewn
                                               - Messenger Bag - lining and outer sewn.
                                               
On Hold projects   - 0



So how are you going with your WiPs this week?


I am linking up with...

4 comments:

  1. Oh so beautiful! Looking forward more peaks of kites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing Katy Jump Kites in all its beauty! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 hours of hand sewing on the binding so far?! Wow! I am impressed! It's going to be such a stunning quilt though with so much love in it.

    Love love loving the KJK quilt so far. Can't wait to see how that looks sewn together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great little sneak peaks! Wow 5 hours, you must be sick of seeing binding now =D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.